The Montgomery County Eagle Forum (MCEF) is a non-profit, non-partisan organization that is devoted to educating, motivating and activating citizens about the importance of being informed and involved in our local, state and national governments. We are especially concerned with the restoration and preservation of the Judeo-Christian principles and values that were and continue to be the foundation of the United States' social, economic and government structures. We believe that the continued and purposeful removal or destruction of those principles and values is the primary cause of the apparent recent decline of the U.S. and western civilization in general. We are optimistic that the U.S. can rapidly return to a path of sustained peace and prosperity by returning to those foundational principles and values.
The MCEF was started in November of 2008 by a group of citizens and voters in Montgomery County, Texas. Our goal is to continue the tradition of the Texas and national Eagle Forums. Montgomery County Eagle Forum will continue striving to identify and meet the specific needs of our local community.
Texas Eagle Forum’s mission is to enable conservative and pro-family men and women to participate in the process of self-government and public policy-making so that America will continue to be a land of individual liberty, respect for family integrity, public and private virtue, and private enterprise.
Texas Eagle Forum’s achievements prove that citizen-volunteers can affect government policies in congress, state legislatures, city councils, and school boards; elect candidates at every level; and articulate conservative and pro-family policies through the media.
Phyllis Schlafly has been a leader of the pro-family movement since 1972, when she started her national volunteer organization now called Eagle Forum.
- Eagle Forum supports American sovereignty, American identity., and the Constitution.
- Eagle Forum exposes radical feminists, and their agenda, and supports traditional education.
- Eagle Forum was a primary factor in passing the Protection of Pupil Rights Amendment, and we strongly support its enforcement to protect children from psychological testing and mental-health screening without parental consent.
- Eagle Forum sponsors programs for Eagle Forum Collegians and Teen Eagles so they can be taught accurate information about American history and current events.
- Scott Baker – Chairman
- Bob Bagley – Vice Chairman, Chaplain
- Betty Anderson – Program Coordinator
- Carol Risher – Secretary
- Barby Murdock – Treasurer
- Carol Hopper – Membership Chairman
- Barbara Frazier – Church Coordinator, Communications & Marketing
- Lida Jo Ferguson – Mailings Chairman
- Bob Winslow – Web Site Administration
- Ray Baker – Newsletter